Hello and happy Thursday! Today I´m again sharing another card project over at Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. I wanted to create a masculine card for a change and the Lighthouse die cut die seemed perfect for this purpose.
There is again a full written step-by-step tutorial over at Elizabeth Craft Designs blog, so hop over there for more information. Also, they always love to get feedback, so while there, do leave a comment or two.
Like on my previous posts, there is a start-to-finish video also for this card. Hope you enjoy it!
See you next month with another Elizabeth Craft Designs project. Until then, happy crafting and take card and stay healthy!
Hello everyone and happy July!! Today I´m again up over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog with another guest design team card project and tutorial. Here is what I created for this months post:
For this card I used the Planner Essentials die cut dies – I´ve always wanted to use them for cardmaking the moment I saw them. I also added some die cut dies from the Art Journal series as well as some of the ModaScrap ones (still adore them!).
The basic idea of this card was to create a folded card base that withholds a pocket, where one can tuck a gift-card. This particular gift-card was created using the planner dies. The papers are from my older stash (goes all the way back to 2005). But the dies, the stamps and the glitter and adhesives are all by Elizabeth Craft Desings. For steps and more details, do also hop over to the ECD blog to read my full post!
Here is the step-by-step video for you to watch – hope you enjoy it!
This card is very simple to make, once you have all the pieces prepared and it looks very presentative also. A perfect way to send a loved one greetings and a gift-card to say you are thinking about them!
I hope you enjoyed this months tutorial. I´ll be sharing more project here on my blog throughout July and be back at the ECD blog in August again.
By the way, since the papers I used for this card are partly very old and not available anymore, I tried to find you nice alternatives, just see the product links for that.
I again created a double spread into my art journal. The theme of these pages is: The Story of Living Things. I bought an old book about „living things“ a year ago from a trift store. I thought now was a good time to start using it!
During the social isolation the nature got a well deserved pause from us humans and this art journal is a „hommage“ on all living things, except us humans.
On this page I used glossy paint and spray ink on the background. It created a faux wooden pattern. On top are clear stickers from STAMPlorations as well as white texture paste applied thru one of my stencils. The birdies on a branch are by STAMPlorations as well as is the stamp set I used to stamp it with. The leaves are hand drawn on old book paper and the text is from the trift store book.
For the second page I used white paint and spray ink on the background to create a resist area. Then I stamped with STAMPlorations stamps onto the background and added a green tinted texture paste thru one of my stencil designs around the edges. The focal point of this page are the flowers, stamped on an old book page, then misted and highlighted with Posca pens.
I really enjoyed creating this inspiration spread for the reminder post! Now is your turn. There is still plenty of time to play along. Remember to follow the rules and have fun with this months challenge!!! Can´t wait to see what you create!
Hello, and happy Tuesday! Today I´m stopping by to share two cards I created using Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift-Ink with Finnabair stamps. I used silver mirror cardstock with the alcohol inks. That created a certain difficulty in taking a picture of the finished cards. Being a mirror cardstock and silver I had to try really hard to get a picture, where you can see the effect properly.
As I have been watcing Tim´s Facebook lives I´ve been inspired to dig into my older stash and play with alcohol inks abit. I didn´t have any white glossy cardstock at hand, but I had plenty of silver mirror cardstock. I figured it would to the trick too – and it did!
So I first applied the alcohol inks onto the cardstock and let them do their magic. When the surface was really dry, I took the alcohol lift-ink pad and stamped Finnabairs butterfly stamp images onto the surface. Now this is my very first time testing this technique and I didn´t know if it would work out. But it did. I wanted to create clean and simple cards with the resulted paper and these are the ones I ended up with. Really like them lots. For decor I only added STAMPlorations clear stickers. Works really well on the mirror cardstock too.
The die cut dies I used are by Tonic Studios, just in case you were wondering.. I always try to list all products at the end of the post, and if they are not available anymore, try to find suitable alternatives.
Wishing you a lovely start into the week. Happy creating! xxx, Sanna
Hello and happy Friday! Today I´m sharing yet another artist trading card, created using some of the new Elizabeth Craft Designs product I received in the mail last week.
For this one I created the background using Distress Inks and Stains, then stamped in the same way, like on the ATC shared yesterday (read more here).
So the background is similar/identical to the one shared yesterday, but for this one I also used some leftover die cut pieces as leaves, then added a suede ribbon that I misted with spray ink and matted the card onto a turquoise piece of burlap. Also this one has a sentiment as additional detail.
Love the contrast of pink and turquoise with the black stamping. Adding these pieces to my ATC stash again.
Wishing you all a great begin into the weekend!! Happy crafting, xxx, Sanna