Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! Like promised on Tuesday, I´ll be sharing another small project with you, inspired by the layout project I shared this Tuesday :). Here it is:
I created a slimline card with the Studio Tekturek Strawberry Shake summer 2020 collection and as I was making it, I wanted to make a card in similar style. So I just kept on gelli printing the circles onto this piece of white paper and went from there. As my background I have the paper #1 from the summer collection. It works great as a card base – I just used the bolder design on the outside and the blue sky is on the inside.
I really like how this card turned out. I pretty much used the same products as on my layout, only here I used a different paper and the paper flowers are an addition.
If you want to know how this card came together, see the layout video for the technique on my Tuesday´s post. Oh, how I enjoy this collection and the candy colours!!!
Wishing you all a lovely day & happy crafting, xxx, Sanna
Hello there everyone, here comes my STAMPlorations mixed media tutorial and start-to-finish video. I thought I´d create a scrapbook layout this time for a change. This is the layout I created using various ARTplorations stencils:
Here is how I created the layout:
1. Take a piece of residue paper and a piece of white cardstock, some acrylic paints in your favorite colours and a small Gelli plate and a brayer.
2. Add a few drops (very little paint goes a long way here!) of acrylic paint onto the Gelli plate, spread onto the surface with a brayer. See the video on more details!
3. Press the Gelli plate surface onto the cardstock and press lightly. Remove plate and you have a lovely paint press image on the paper.
4. Change the color and apply the paint like explained in the steps before. Next place a stencil over the acrylic paint area and roll over gently with the brayer. Next remove the stencil and press the image onto the cardstock piece. This time you will see a pattern in the finished image. Repeat and experiment with various colours and stencil patterns.
5. Take a patterned paper and the „X marks the Spot“ stencil and start applying some modeling paste onto the background thru the stencil with a palette knife. Let dry.
6. Cut the Gelli Plate images into triangles in various sizes. Arrange onto the background, take a photo with your mobile phone to make sure you don´t forget the order. Remove the triangles and apply spray ink splatters onto the background. Let dry.
7. Take „Trendy Feathers 2“ clear stamp set and stamp words onto the background with a gray and black stamp ink very randomly. Stamp more words and a sentiment onto white paper and fussy cut the pieces along the edges. Now adhere the triangles back to the patterned paper surface, add more stamping onto the background, if necessary.
8. Apply some modeling paste with the same „X marks the Spot“ stencil over the triangles for a fun detail. Let dry.
9. Embellish with stickers, wood veneer, puffy stickers and add a alpha sticker title. Adhere the fussy cut words onto the background with the photos. Add a date stamp and write the journaling for the page.
10. Finally add some black texture splatters here and there for additional detail.
Here is the video for more details and step-by-step. All used products are listed on the video. Hope you enjoy!
I hope you get inspired to try out your own gel press, stenciled images and maybe even a fun scrapbook layout with them! Have fun!
Hello there, time for my second March project for Elizabeth Craft Designs! I love to use bits and pieces that I have left over from previous projects in my next artwork. That is exactly what I did when creating the Travel Layout. I used all the leftover pieces from the altered savings bank to create an A4 size layout. This is how I created the layout:
1: Take an A4 size piece of white cardstock and use a paint brush to add blue ink onto the background. Let dry. Gather all the leftover pieces from the previous project.
2: First, adhere the gelli print leftovers onto the painted blue area. (These pieces are backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet, no glue needed for this step). Next, adhere the leftovers from the book page at the top and bottom. Continue adding leftover numbers and alphas here and there. Color the small alphas with a yellow paint marker. Add strips of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and apply some Fire Opal Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive strips. Polish with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. Refer to the project photo for length and placement of tape strips.
3: Using permanent black ink, stamp Seeds of Thought Red Rubber Stamp – The Best Things in Life onto a piece of ivory cardstock. Cut apart the stamped sentiment so each word is on its own block.
4: Adhere the stamped words onto the background and add the focal photo. Using an office supply store date stamp, add the date onto the background for added interest. Outline some of the die cut numbers with a black pen for more depth. Apply white and black ink splatters for an extra touch. Let dry.
5: Finally, use a stapler to add small metallic lines here and there. (Staples are purely decorative.) Add some doodling around the edges of the layout with a black pen. Here are some close-up shots of the finished layout:
I hope you get inspired to use all those leftover pieces from your projects for a fun layout or card background!