Hello everyone, it´ my turn over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog again today. The Flower Cluster 1 die cut die for some reason reminds me of a poinsettia in a way. When I realized that I already knew that I wanted to try and use that die cut die for Christmas themed cards. Here is what I came up with: I on purpose chose colors that would be more Christmas like – greens, blues, reds and white. That way the die cut die would not immediately bring summer to mind.
Here is how I did the cards:
1. Take Whisper Blue & White Soft Finish Cardstock and cut several pieces into a size of approximately 10 x 13,5 cm.
2. Take the Flower Cluster 1 die cut die and place it over the precut cardstock pieces where you want the image to be in the end. Run through your die cutting machine. Remove the residue pieces and put the die cut pieces aside.
3. Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto the die cut white and light blue cardstock pieces.
4. Now adhere the die cut flower cluster pieces onto the open spaces and use a protective foil from the adhesive sheet to „rub“ the piece onto it´s place. Make sure not to touch the adhesive surface with your fingers. The glitter will not stick to the surface well, if you touch it with your fingers.
5. Next pick a few Silk Microfine Glitter colors and pour the glitter into the open adhesive areas. Place a coffee filter under the card, before pouring the glitter. Dab the residue off and polish the surface with your finger.
6. Gather the residue glitter from the coffee filter back to the jar.
7. Stamp a seasonal sentiment with the Winter Sentiments clear stamp set onto each card and decorate the flowers with matching half pearls.
I also recorded a short video about the creating process for you to watch. Hope you like it!
And while I was at it, I made quite a few cards, but they are actually all different, as I always changed the glitter color on each card. That way I am still staying true to my motto of not making a single similar card for Christmas. Here are a few more I made:
I hope you get inspired to play with glitter – it is perfect for the upcoming holiday season and create some handmade Christmas cards of your own. Have fun!!!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Silk Microfine Glitter – Cool Diamond
Silk Microfine Glitter – Dark Mint
SilkMicrofine Glitter – Bright Cranberry
Silk Microfine Glitter – Blue Green
Silk Microfine Glitter – Sea Glass
Silk Microfine Glitter – Blue Streak
Silk Microfine Glitter – Bright Grape
Silk Microfine Glitter – Spreckled Indigo
Silk Microfine Glitter – Miner´s Gold
Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock
White Soft Finish Cardstock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Flower Cluster 1
Winter Sentiments clear stamp set
Black stamp ink
White card bases