Hi there! It´s my turn over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today again and I´d like to share a maritime mixed media tag with you!
I am definitely a summer person and I love sun, sand and sea. When I saw the new Joset Designs Ahoy Stamp set, I immediately wanted to create something summery. That is what inspired me to create this tag.
Here is how I created the tag:
- Take two white tags, one bigger and the second slightly smaller. Start with the bigger tag. First stamp anchors onto the background with embossing ink.
Then apply clear embossing powder over the tag. Dab the residue off and heat set with a heat gun.
- Now take a blue water solvent ink and apply directly onto the background. Next spray water mist over the area. This way the ink spreads all over. Let dry and then carefully wipe with a damp cloth or a baby wipe over the tag. This will remove the residue ink from the heat embossed anchor images.
- Move to the smaller tag. Add a sentiment with black waterproof ink into the middle. Let dry.
- Now use a spray ink to color the surface of the tag. Let air dry or use a heat gun for drying.
- Take a red Through the Lens – Metal paper and die cut small stars with the Boat die cut set by Joset Designs from that paper.
- Take another sheet of Through the Lens paper. This time from the Stone set. Die cut waves with the Boat die cut set.
- Add lighter and darker blue spray ink tones to the die cut wave pieces. Let dry.
- Glue the waves with paper glue overlappingly. Adhere the stars onto the tag. Attach a strip of burlap yarn with a stapler onto the bottom of the tag.
- Use a black paint pen to draw faux stitching around the bigger tag. Adhere a piece of paper straw onto the left side of the tag. Adhere two strips of blue burlap yarn next to the straw. Embellish with ribbon, hemp cord, mini clothespins and metal pins.
- Adhere the smaller tag onto the bigger tag. Add stapled elements on top and onto the bottom for additional interest.
Here are detail photos of the finished project:
I hope you get inspired to create a mixed media tag. These are a nice addition to a present, for example.
Distress Ink (broken china) – Ranger Ind. Inc.
Glimmer Mist – Aquamarine & Turquoise blue by Tattered Angels
Burlap yarn – Canvas Corp Brands
Archival ink (black) – Ranger Ind. Inc.
Clear embossing powder – Ranger Ind. Inc.
Blue mini clothespin – Canvas Corp Brands
Mica flakes – Stampendous Fran-táge
Black paint pen – Dylusions
Metal pin – Tim Holtz
Paper straw – Webster´s pages
Ribbon & Hemp cord