Hello and happy Tuesday! It´ s been ONE MONTH with my daily art practice pieces for 2022. Thirtyone days on a row – well, not quite, but almost. I had an unplanned break in between and worked a bit ahead to keep up, but other than that, it´ s one page & video a day.
I felt like doing blue on this one, because the almanac page had lots of it on it. So I kept in the color scheme. Also some Distress Crayons in there again too and of course Klartext “Denglisch 2” stamp set, as always. And Brusho´ s this time with one of my STAMPlorations stencils on the background as well as Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Good to get some of the sprays into use also.
I hope you enjoy today´ s piece. Here are some close-up photos too:
Here is a bonus video – a quick flip-thru of the month January. I will try and make such a video at the end of every month throughout this project.
This was a fun one to make. And the stamp sentiment translates to: “Two can play at that game” / “Tit for tat”.
Hello everyone and happy Friday! Today I´m sharing another The Wild Hare Kits layout with you and this time again with a process video.
For this layout I´ve used the November monthly cut file which is a leaf pattern. I´ve arranged it onto a piece of white cardstock into a wreath form and the cut it with my Silhouette Cameo.
So I used both the positive and the negative pieces of the cut file image and the paper. I left the negative background piece white and added spray ink splatters here and there for interest and the leaves got a spray ink treatment in the same colours. Then I arranged the inked leaves onto the background piece and decorated everything with sequins and 1canoe2 Willow collection die cut shapes.
The paper on the background is by Pink Paislee, form their Again and Again collection (paper No. 6). For finishing touches I´ve added lots of Spiegelmom scraps sequins – the Wild Hare Kit exclusive ones that came with my kit. Also the title is created using the Puffy Alpha Stickers by American Crafts. These alphas also came in my kit.
So the only thing I´ve used outside from my kit were the spray inks and the white cardstock. Everyting else was included in my kit. And this time I´ve recorded a process video for you to watch too. Hope you like it!
I hope you get inspired by this layout idea and scrap a little yourself! If you are interested in trying the Wild Hare Kits, just hop over here and fill your personal style profile. And once you get your kit, do tag us and use #thewildharekits, so we can find you and come and admire your projects!
Hello everyone, I like creating with stencils alot and what better way to put them in action than on a birthday card for a boy. I wanted to use colour and make the card bright and happy, yet keep it simple.
So I grabbed the Lattice stencil from my STAMPlorations stencil line and inked the background with two different tones of Distress Ink.
Next I grabbed some stickers from my olrder stash and used them overlappingly to create the focal point and some funny banner-type of patterns to the upper edge.
For finishing touches I added some black paint, a stamped sentiment (by Tim Holtz) and some residue Thickers. For additional sparckle there are some Nuvo Confetti Stars here and there.
I hope the recipient likes his card ;-)…
That´s it for today, happy crafting, lovelies!!
Hello lovelies, I have a a fun project to share with you today; I´ve created a matching art journal page and a set of artist trading coins. I´ve never done this before and while I was creating the art journal page, I figured I could use the same design to create artist trading coins too. And it was actually lots of fun!!
Here is what I did:
1. I applied the purple and green spray inks onto the background with a paint brush. I applied first just a very light layer of paint, then I went over some areas and applied a more saturated paint area here and there and let those areas air dry. That created the watercolor look onto the page.
2. Next I wripped some tissue paper and adhered it onto the page with Mod Podge. I then treated the tissue paper areas again with the spray ink tones to give them the same color as on the background.
3. After that I took some Architextures rub-ons and applied them onto the dry page (you need to wait until the page is totally dry to add the rub-ons!).
4. Next I took some stamps out (by Rubber Dance) and stamped random images here and there with black stamp ink.
5. After that I took the Leaves 2 stencil and some Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse and applied the mousse thru the stencil onto the background to create some texture.
6. For finishing touches I fussy cut some Architextures rub-on packaging (they have great sentiments printed on their packaging!!) sentiments and adhered them and some glass beads with Tonic Studios Craft Glue onto the page. It is a really good quality glue as it also adhered the glass beads really well in place! For my artist trading coins I did the exact same steps, but started off with a piece of thick white cardstock which I die cut with the Tonic Studios circle dies. I really, really like the color combination here!!! It brings up all the spring feelz :).
A personal note/update: I am sad to say that my design team & brandwagon/social media team member gig with Canvas Corp Brands ended very suddenly last week as the company was sold and the new owner has decided not to continue with the design team functions. So it´s a sudden and sad goodbye. It has been a great four (4!!!) years with Christine (previous owner) and the CCB team and I have really enjoyed my time and working with and for Canvas Corp Brands. I´ve had the possibility to grow and add to my crafty knowledge by not only being part of the design team but also working with in the brandwagon team and managing challenges, blog posts and one of their social media sites! Thank you so much for this amazing time.
I hope to have inspired you with my projects a little today!!!
Wishing you a great, crafty day!!!