Hello everyone, have you been following the Ugly Art Club on Instagram? I stumbled upon them, because I follow DeeDee and Tiffany on Insta and I found the idea very interesting. Do 5 minutes of art EVERY DAY, no matter how pretty or ugly. Just sit down for 5 minutes and do some fun creating. It could be cookie decorating, knitting, mixed media, or whatever it is that tickles your fancy. I am going to do mixed media with paper and stuff. And junk.
So here is day one of #tuac5minchallenge:
And here is the video 😉 – you will see me panicking about the time, because I set a timer. BUT it was fun, even though I´m totally freaked out about the time running. What did I learn from day one?
I learned that:
- You have no time to think what to do next. Which is good, because you are not able to overthink.
- You should check that your tool work, before you start. LOL!
- It would be good to have all kinds of alternatives AROUND, because 5 minutes is SOO short a time.
- Because I didn´t have time to think, I made very random choices, which maybe in the long run teaches me something.
- I didn´t think what I was doing much, because of the time running. Which is good.
- I think there is potential to develop thru the 5 minutes in your creative ways and discover something new. This is FUN!
I don´t know if I´ll be able to make a piece every day. Or a video. But I also might just try to make a project over several days, 5 minutes a day. Well see. But I´m going to give this challenge a try – in my own tempo.
Thanks for watching and stopping by!