Hi there lovelies!! Time to share my very first STAMPlorations project with you and today is Stencil Sunday time! Because it´s the first Sunday of the month, it is also time for the monthly Mixed Media Challenge over at the blog.
Here is my project:
I altered/decorated a fabric bag with stencils, paint, stamps and buttons. I also created a small tag that fits into the bag to go with the fabric piece. Filled with small metal trinkets, this little altered present bag will be a present to one of my scrappy friends. I think she might like the metal bits and pieces…
How did I create this set?
Step 1: Take the ARTplorations „Bold Florals Mini“ stencil and place it onto the canvas/fabric bag. Add a first layer of High Impact Paint (by Tattered Angels) with a foam brush onto the fabric. Start with the lighter color. Then add the second layer of darker High Impact Paint thru the same stencil, but this time dab the paint only around the center area of the flowers. Let dry.Step 2: There is now plenty of residue paint on the stencil. Place it down onto the tag the paint area facing towards the tag. Now use a brayer to create a print. Repeat with a new paint layer, when necessary. Next take a pink High Impact Paint and using the end of a paint brush, add little dots into the middle of the flowers. Let air dry.
Step 3: Add light green Glimmer Mist spray ink onto the tag and use a paper towel to remove residue ink. Then add a stamped sentiment and some bird images onto the bag and the tag. Finally, outline the tag with faux stitching, add fibers and black ink splatters to the tag for decoration. Attach little buttons to the bag for additional interest. Now fill the bag with the goodies and attach the tag to the bag. Your DIY present bag and present tag are ready :).
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- You must display the challenge graphic below in your post and link back to this post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by July 30th, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time.
- The winner (as voted by the design team) receives a $15 gift certificate OR her choice of ARTplorations stencils (either 2 standard size stencils or 1 large stencil).
- The two (2) top picks (as voted by the design team) get to pick their choice of any 1 standard size ARTplorations stencil.