Hello everyone, I recently went to Barcelona for a holiday and was fascinated by the city, the good food and of course Gaudi´s work. This art journal page has lots of color on it, like the tile bench in Parc Güell in Barcelona. My starting point for this journal page was a blank art journal page. I chose to use the Macarons die cut die set by Joset Designs as well as the Ribbons 1 set by Els van de Burgt Studio. To that I added some old book sheets and a page from the Through the Lens – Wood patterned paper set. Here is how I created the page:
1. Apply white gesso onto the art journal page. I added a relatively thick layer to create structure. Let the layer dry properly before moving to the next step.
2. Use the Ribbons 1 dies to cut “tree trunks” from the Through the Lens – Wood paper.
3. Run the Macarons die cut set dies through a Big Shot and cut a sheet of old book paper with them.
4. Add lime, light blue and yellow spray ink to the gessoed background. Let dry.
5. Spray the Maracons book sheet pieces with orange, purple and yellow spray ink. Glue all pieces onto the background, starting with the “tree trunks”.
6. Add light and dark blue as well as black paint dots with a paint brush here and there for interest.
7. Next stamp with black waterproof stamp ink random patterns to the background.
8. Apply white and black texture spray splatters and drawn highlights with black and white pen.
9. Take a black pen and hand draw circles onto the paper. Paint the background (except the circle areas) with two layers of yellow paint. Let dry properly.
10. Die cut 2 sets of Alphabet 1 – Caps from black Soft Finish Cardstock.
11. Add some more stamping on top of the yellow paint. Adhere a die cut sentiment “never stop growing!” onto the page.
12. Finally add some white texture spray details and date stamping.
Here is a video start-to-finish for you to watch for further detail:
And here are some detail shots of the finished page:
White and black paint pens
Date stamp – office supply store
Black stamp ink – Hero Arts
Spray inks – Tattered Angels
Yellow acrylic paint – Tattered Angels
Gesso – Liquitex