Alcohol lift-ink cards

Hello, and happy Tuesday! Today I´m stopping by to share two cards I created using Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift-Ink with Finnabair stamps. I used silver mirror cardstock with the alcohol inks. That created a certain difficulty in taking a picture of the finished cards. Being a mirror cardstock and silver I had to try really hard to get a picture, where you can see the effect properly.

As I have been watcing Tim´s Facebook lives I´ve been inspired to dig into my older stash and play with alcohol inks abit. I didn´t have any white glossy cardstock at hand, but I had plenty of silver mirror cardstock. I figured it would to the trick too – and it did!

So I first applied the alcohol inks onto the cardstock and let them do their magic. When the surface was really dry, I took the alcohol lift-ink pad and stamped Finnabairs butterfly stamp images onto the surface. Now this is my very first time testing this technique and I didn´t know if it would work out. But it did. I wanted to create clean and simple cards with the resulted paper and these are the ones I ended up with. Really like them lots. For decor I only added STAMPlorations clear stickers. Works really well on the mirror cardstock too.

The die cut dies I used are by Tonic Studios, just in case you were wondering.. I always try to list all products at the end of the post, and if they are not available anymore, try to find suitable alternatives.

Wishing you a lovely start into the week. Happy creating!
xxx, Sanna

Supplies:

Glückwunsch card

Hello lovelies and Happy Wednesday! Today I´m going to share a shiny wedding card with you. I´ve used Tonic Studios silver mirror cardstock to create the shiny surface and I love how easy it is to die cut. Here is what I did:Now photographing a mirror card is a little bit tricky. I took plenty of photos to get the silver surface look captured. But in the above photo you can see it pretty well. And I took this photo too, to give you an idea of the contrast of the silver cardstock in combination with the yellows, oranges and pinks on the flower pattern area. Ah, I just love that look! 

So what I did was I first die cut the Romantic Boquet (by Elizabeth Craft Designs) piece from silver mirror cardstock (see the supplies for details!). Then I took a piece of smooth white cardstock and inked it with orange, pink and yellow Distress Ink tones and placed it underneath the die cut boquet. I then took a piece of white watercolor cardstock and sprayed it pink with pink spray ink and then die cut the German Tonic sentiment from it.

I adhered everyting on place with craft glue and for the sentiment I used the Nuvo Glue Pen (Large). Works like a dream with fine, detailed pieces!! Oh, and as a card base I used the Fuchsia Pink Craft Perfect Cardstock. The card measures 16 x 13 cm´s.

Wishing you a great day and happy crafting,
xxx, Sanna

Supplies: