Hello and happy Thursday! Today it´s DAY 12 of The Ugly Art Club #tuac5minchallenge and here is my take:
And as usual, the video for you to watch:
Now as I am looking at this I suddenly notice that I´m kinda leaving the „ugly“ art. At least I don´t think flowers are ugly, so I might need to rethink what „junk“ pieces I pick as my starting point. This is all junk on this piece – leftover paper with leftover inks and stamped images on it, so therefore I chose it. But it kinda looks very cute… hmmmm… I´ll try and do better next time..
Hello and happy Thursday! Today I´m stopping by to share a face from my art journal page with you guys. In the meantime I find it easy to draw tag sized faces, but a much bigger challenge for me is going bigger (like art journal page size).
I don´t get the proportions the way I want them to be. But anyhow, here is a face experiment with some stamped pattern on the background that I did using a DIY foam stamp (for details, see this video).
Rest ist done using my absolute current favorites – Neocolor 2 crayons by Caran d´Ache. I like the consistency of them so much. They are soft enough and can be used with water and a water tank brush and that is something I enjoy doing at the moment.
Also, could not resist to add a quote. She might not be a beauty, but there is light in her heart ;-). Just yesterday I talked to a colleague at work about drawing faces and my hobby in general and how it helps me relax and reload. Some people run to loose the stress, I reload my batteries thru my hobby.
Hello there everyone, it´s my turn to share another tutorial over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time I again created a scrapbook layout and a set of cards. For this month´s tutorial I´ve also recorded a start-to-finish video for you to watch. But first, let me show you the layout.
Valentine´s Day being just around the corner, I wanted to create something love theme related, so I made a scrapbook page about my younger son and a set of love themed clean and simple cards with the new dies. Here is what I created:
Create this layout with following steps:
1) First take a patterned paper from the Fly & Scrap paper collection by Moda Scrap and a sheet of watercolor paper and white Soft Finish Cardstock.
2) Cut several Moda Scrap Leafy Branch die cut dies and cut the branches from the Soft Finish Cardstock with your die cutting machine. Also die cut a few heart forms with the new Buttons die cut die.
3) Take spray inks in purple and blue tones – try to get similar colors to match the patterned paper tones – and spray the die cut branches with the spray inks on a kraft sheet.
4) Now take a watercolor paper and a water mist bottle. There is plenty of residue spray ink on the kraft sheet from misting the branches. Apply some water mist onto the residue spray ink areas on your kraft sheet and then press the watercolor paper onto the wet ink areas to pick up the color with the paper. Dry the layer with a heat tool, then repeat the procedure until you are happy with the result.
5) Now cut the DIY watercolor paper and the Moda Scrap patterned paper in a manner that they together build a full 12×12 inch page. Adhere together.
6) Add ink splatters onto the DIY watercolor paper piece with the same spray inks you used to mist the die cut branches with. This is to mimic the ink splatters on the patterned paper. That way they will better match together.
7) Now start building your page together by adhering the die cut branches on top of the patterned paper feathers pattern and also some towards the DIY watercolor paper strip. Then add the photos in place and decorate the page with a sentiment and some sticker words.
8) Finally embellish with eyelets, liquid pearls and wood veneer hearts. In the end add a stamped sentiment with the Love Sentiments clear stamp set and black stamp ink.
Since there is plenty of DIY watercolor paper left over from the layout process, use those pieces for a set of cards.
Here is how to make the cards:
1) Take the Heart Cutouts die cut die and cut a heart from the DIY watercolor paper first.
2) Next take a residue piece of the Moda Scrap patterned paper and die cut two heart cutout pieces with it from that paper.
3) Take a spray ink and a water tank brush and color all the little hearts with dark purple spray ink. Leave to dry.
4) Adhere the full watercolor paper heart onto a white card base and embellish with the small colored heart pieces. Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments stamp set. Decorate with liquid pearls and a black pen.
5) For the last card, use the cutout heart die cut piece and a big piece of the DIY watercolor paper to adhere the heart onto. Fill all the open areas of the cutout heart piece with the purple colored small heart pieces. Adhere on place and decorate with liquid pearls.
6) Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments set and outline with a black pen.
I´ve again recorded a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea of each and every step of the creating process. Hope you enjoy watching the video and get inspired to create some purple toned projects for Valentine´s Day. Have fun and see you in March again,
Like I told you previously, I´ll be doing guest design team posts for Elizabeth Craft Designs starting from January and today is my turn to share my first project with you. I´ve created a scrapbook page and then after finishing it, had plenty on product left, so I created a total of three cards with the leftover pieces. Both the layout and the cards have a start-to-finish video to watch. Hope you enjoy it!
This is the layout I created:
It has been almost ten years since I last was in Finland during winter. That is so long ago – I definitely need to go more often! This picture was taken during my last winter visit there and it reminds me of the cold weather. When it is really cold, the snow makes noises under your feet, it crunches. Then there is the blue hour, sligthly after sundown, when everything around you turns a blue shade. I love that moment. This picture was taken during the blue hour and it reminds me of all the things I am familiar from winter. Funny, I´d never think I´d miss that, actually. That is what this layout is about.
Then I made a couple of cards with all the pieces left over from the layout: For the first one I used the leftover 3D foam adhesive sheet from Scrapbook Adhesives. I covered it with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then added some stamped and die cut, colored trees and a stamped and die cut sentiment to it.
For the second card I used the dotted paper strip – which I cut out from the layout background to save some paper for later – as my card background and added a leftover snowflake as a centerpiece on it. I stamped and die cut sentiment which I inked iwth blue Distress Ink to make it stand out from the bakground, finishes the card off.
And for the third card I used the negative glitter foam piece, from which I die cut the alphas for the layout title, as my focal point of the card. The fun part of this piece is the red matted word „Hi“ on the right upper corner. I only needed to add the leftover tree and some die cut and stamped stars, a small hand drawn heart and the stamped and die cut word on top. As a base I again used a piece of the dotted blue paper. I´ve prepared a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea of all the product used and step I did. Hope you like it!
So next month is February which means Valentine´s Day – I have a feeling you will be seeing something love themed next month from me :).
Hello lovelies, today I am again quickly stopping by to share a birthday card with you. I´ve created this card with various Elizabeth Craft Designs product. This is one of the projects I made for them to travel with their company booth across the globe on various craft fairs and events.
The card base and the patterned paper is first cut with the Fitted Fishtail die cut dies. After that I adhered the pieces together with their Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Next I die cut one heart with the Fitted Hearts die cut die and the one underneath it is cut with the Lace Heart (from the Moda Scrap series). On top of it all there is one glittered Lacy Poppies piece. I´ve used the Antique Silver Silk Microfine Glitter on it. Finally a stamped sentiment (General Sentiments by Joset Designs) with a Stitched Fishtail die cut die and decorated with white texture spray splatters, wood veneer and a silver ribbon and outlined with a black pen (faux stitching). That´s all!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Let´s stay creative,