This is my piece for this months challenge reveal. I chose to use the ARTplorations stencil „Where Troubles Melt“. I wanted to create a decoration piece for my studio to remind me that home IS the place where there should not be any troubles. Since someone broke into our house last month, it has been a little bit hard to feel carefree and safe at home since then. So this piece should work as a reminder for us to get there again.
Here is a little tutorial on how I created this piece:
1. These are the materials: a Ikea plastic frame, a piece of white cardstock and a ARTplorations stencils.
2. Place the stencil onto the piece of white cardstock (in a spraying box) and spray a layer of light grey spray ink on top. Use a piece of cloth to remove the residue ink and let dry.
3. Add a black outlining to the misted words to make them stand out from the background.
4. Add alpha stickers to build a full sentence: „home is where troubles melt like lemon drops“5. Decorate with fussy cut, stamped flowers and puffy pink hearts. I also decorated the backside of the frame, since it is open to both sides. I basicalle repeated the same steps, just by changing the stencil to ARTplorations „Art Happens“ stencil and the spray color to a vintage green tone. Here are the photo steps once more:
And this is the finished backside of the frame. This now decorates my craft area, the „art happens“ side facing my art corner and the other side facing the lounge area. I really like the way this turned out!! It is pretty clean and simple and I feel it is just right that way. Using stencils can be this simple too – doesn´t always need to be tons of media and layers, I think. So I hope you will find the time to play along – would love to see what you make for this months challenge (remember there are also prizes to be won!! – read about the rules and how to play over here). See you at the STAMPlorations blog, lovelies!!!
HOW TO PLAY:
- create and link up a mixed media project, anything goes, except a card.
2. use at least one stencil (any brand!!!)
3. linky closes at the end of the month
4. Prizes are a $10 gift certificate for the winner, $5 gift card for two top picks & for more than 25 entries one random winner will get 2 standard sized stencils!!!
Stay creative and stay safe!!!