Hello everyone and Happy 2017!! It´s time for my first blog post over at Elizabeth Craft Designs blog for this year and I wanted to create something monochromatic this time. It has been snowing where I live and the fresh falling snow inspired me to create this card. I wanted to make something simple, but still playful. My plan from the beginning was to use kraft cardstock with an ivory card base.
Here is what I did:
1. Take the Circle Background die cut die and cut a slightly bigger piece of kraft cardstock. Then die cut the paper using a die cutting machine.
2. After die cutting the piece, remove the „loose“ pieces and separate the circle ones and keep those. Toss the other pieces, as you will not be needing them.
3. Adhere the plain background part onto the ivory card base.
4. Take the round pieces and place them into a cardboard box where you can mist them without making a mess on your desk. Take white acrylic paint and dilute it with water until it´s nice and fluid, but not too much. You will need to find the right consistency that works for you, so you might want to practice on a separete piece of paper first. Then take a paint brush, add some diluted paint onto the brush and start dabbing with another brush onto it. This way you will get nice even splatters and smaller splatters too. You can add bigger ones with the rear end of the paint brush, just by dibbing it into paint and then onto the paper. Again, you might want to practice first.
5. Let air dry and then adhere the round pieces on their places. Next take the General Sentimenst set and using embossing ink, stamp the image onto a piece of kraft cardstock. Then apply white embossing powder over it, remove the residue and heat set with a heat gun. After that take the Stitched Fishtail Banners set and die cut the embossed piece with one of those.
6. Finally, apply some shabby white embossing enamel on top of the card very freely, heat set with a heat gun. You need to heat set from underneath, otherwise the enamels will fly across the room.
7. Decorate with a piece of wood veneer or another embellishment of your choice.
I hope you enjoyed this simple idea and get inspired to try it out yourself! I just love the combination of white/ivory and kraft together, but you could always go for another monochromatic color combination, if you prefer another one more. Have fun!