Hello everybody and happy November!! It´s the beginning of the month which also means it´s time for another Mixed Media Challenge at the STAMPloratons blog. Here is my take for this months challenge:
I played a little in m art journal again, this time using metallic blues and bright pink tones combined with some stamping, white gesso and bright and happy Posca pen colors.
I just cannot stop using quotes on my art journal pages. They seem to attract me more than regular journaling. Really cannot tell why it´s easier for me to go for quotes than more personal journaling. But as long as it feels good for me, I´ll stick to it.
Now it´s again your turn to play along with us. Hop over to the STAMPlorations blog and take a look at what the other team girls created for your inspration and then grab some stencils and other mateirlals and play along!!! Remember to play by the rules – you can find them listed here. See you at STAMPlorations blog, lovelies!
Remember to grab my personal discount code to get 20% off your next order at the STAMPlorations store :). Have fun shopping!
Hello everyone! I am very excited to share my first STAMPlorations/ARTplorations mixed media tutorial with you. Tags are so much fun to create and they make a great addition to a nicely wrapped present, for example. They are also very fast to create. So next time you prepare a present for someone, why not add a DIY, personalized tag to it, to give it a very special touch?
This is my tag, and here is what I did:
1. Take a white tag and a piece of old book paper. Apply paper glue onto the tag and adhere the book paper piece onto it. Cut the residue paper off with scissors.
2. Mix transparent embossing paste/texture paste with turquoise acrylic paint and place the ARTplorations „Bold Florals“ stencil on top of the old book paper part. Take a palette knife and apply the paste through the stencil onto the background. Carefully lift the stencil, rinse it with water and leave the surface to dry. You can also use a heat gun to dry the paste, but be careful that it does not overheat as it starts to form bubbles.
3. Take a strip of the leftover book paper and fold it into a fan. Use light blue/turquoise spray ink to color it. Dry with a heat gun.
4. Next adhere a piece of gold doilie onto the background with paper glue. Then adhere the folded „fan“ piece.
5. Now take yet onother piece of old book paper and use the STAMPlorations „CREATE“ stamp to stamp a sentiment with black ink. Fussy cut the words along the edges and glue them onto the tag. Outline the „without fear“ piece with a black pen.
6. Next fussy cut a few to the theme matching words from a patterened paper. I used 7gypsies „Ordre du Jour“ paper for this purpose. The sentiments work great with the CREATE stamp set.
7. Finally, adhere a piece of green felt – cut in a leaf form – on top of the „fan“ piece and then adhere a turquoise resin flower on top. If you don´t have resin flowers, buttons and paper flowers will also do the trick. Whatever you have at hand. Tags are also a good way of using up the stash, by the way.
8. Attach green and blue fiber/ribbon to the tag and put a few enamel dots for additional interest. Now the tag is finished.
I also created a little start-to-finish video for you to watch. Hope you get inspired!!!
So these cards started off as a challenge under friends. Some Skyping was involved, as well as lots of good laughs and lovely chatting! And a card recipe of course! We were to use (I hope I get this right): black and/or white, plus one extra color (and/or shades of that color), enamel dots, shapes, stamp. Here is what I did:
Now I still have several Studio Calico kits from previous years which urgently need to get scrapped/used, so I dug through them and found all these lovely bits and pieces. Only the felt bow is by Bella Blvd and quite new, everything else is from kits I used to order „back then“. Oh, and the black paper is by SODALICIUOS.
The 3 cards with pink, yellow and blue color I did according to the recipe (we were only to do one, but I could not stop there). And the last one is mainly in black and white – this one I kept for later, all the others are in the mail, or were delivered personally to my scrappy friends :-). And what did I notice, I quite enjoyed creating after a recipe for a change. Someone else giving orders and making plans and me just following those. So much fun! And another surprise – I really, really like my clean & simple style cards!!! Quite much actually. I hope that the recipients will like them too.
The best part? The chatting and giggling with like minded people! Always the best bit!! Have missed that recently. It has been too long since the last time. And again I have to say that this hobby would be only half as fun without all the friends I´ve gotten through it!
Time for one more butterfly inspired card! As you might remember, this months challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge blog is all about butterflies (and gold). I hope you have found time to play along with us this month – and if you haven´t there actually still is a little time to join in..
This is my second card based on this months theme:
For this one I first used a butterfly stamp from a Finnabair stamp set „Don´t forget to fly“. First stamped with VersaMark ink, then applied golden embossing powder and heat set it. After that I took some spray inks (green, yellow, blue) and colored the butterflies with them very freely.
I then added a golden yarn around the card, stamped a sentiment on a strip of white carstock, layered 3 flowers from my stash on top of each other and then applied some „Mini Prills“ in the middle. For final touches I added some blue Glimmer Glaze splatters here and there and glued the background on a blue card base.
Happy Wednesday everyone! Time to share some more card inspiration for this months Mixed Media Card Challenge! This moths challenge is all about the color blue. Sounds like a fun challenge!! I hope you will find some time to play along with us.
Remember the 12×12 inch paper piece I created for this challenge? This particular piece is from the upper right corner of that paper sheet.
There is some blue spray ink, some blue stamping (hand carved stamp), some blue toned iridescent paste as well as some hand drawn blue marker circles on the background. I´ve then added a blue burlap piece onto the card, assemblied some paper flowers and My Mind´s Eye brads next to the burlap ribbon. After that I´ve used a blue sticker sentiment (I think that was by My Mind´s Eye too). Finally, I added some blue rhinestones as well as blue Glimmer Glaze droplets onto the card as additional detail.
So now it´s your turn – if you haven´t played along yet, there is still plenty of time to do so! Hope to see you at MMCC!! Have fun with the challenge!!