Hello everyone, it´s my turn to post a tutorial for the Elizabeth Craft Designs Die Cut Design Team today. I decided to share a DIY foam stamp idea with you. Sometimes when you look at the die, you wish there would be a stamp like that available too. That is what I thought when I saw the new ModaScrap die cut dies! They can be used to create gorgeous stamps and today I´d like to show you how I made some DIY foam stamps with those die cut dies and how I used the stamps for card backgrounds.
Here is how to make the stamps:
1. Take a piece of adhesive back foam (appr. 2 mm´s thick) and run the foam with a chosen die cut die thru a die cutting machine.
2. Take a piece of thicker foam – I saved mine from parcels I received – and adhere the die cut piece onto the foam.
3. Remove the small, negative, die cut pieces with tweezers. You can even adhere some of the negative pieces along the edges for additional pattern.
4. Take a precision knife and cut with foam carefully along the edges to match the form of the die cut piece. That´s all!
Here is a start-to-finish video on how I created the stamps:
And then for the fun part – here are two cards I created using the DIY stamps:
1. Take a piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock and a VersaMark/embossing ink. Apply ink onto the foam stamp and press the stamp onto the white precut paper.
2. Pour clear embossing powder over the stamped surface, dab the residue off with your finger and heat set with a heat gun.
3. Take Distress Inks and apply color onto the background with an ink blending tool. The embossed areas will resist the ink and this way the stamped background pattern will show.
4. Adhere to a card base and decorate with banners, doilie corners, die cut words and/or stamped and die cut images. Whatever you prefer!
Here is a start to finish video on the green “Hello” card, I hope you get inspired to make some stamps of your own!
This is quite fun and actually very addictive. I could not stop creating my own stamps, once I was finished with the first one! The dragonfly die cut die, for example creates a lovely background stamp and you can vary the size by just using one piece or adhering several dragonflies next to each other onto a bigger foam piece. Oh, the possibilities are almost endless!! Have fun and
HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO THE NEW PRODUCT RELEASE!!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Flower Lace 2
Flower Lace 1
Flower Power clear stamps
Flower Power die set
A way with words – Hello
Soft Finish Cardstock, white
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Clear embossing powder
Waterproof stamp ink
Posca pen, black