Hello, time for another STAMPlorations mixed media tutorial! While organizing my stash a cards & pockets product by Canvas Corp Brands cought my eye. I immeditely thought of an interactive Artist Trading Card project that I wanted to create.
Here is how I created the project:
1. Take the kraft paper pocket and the ARTplorations “Some Birds” stencil. Apply black waterproof ink thru the stencil onto the surface to create a row of birds starting to fly.
2. Next take the card inside the pocket (if you don´t have the exact same pocket, use a small kraft envelope for this purpose) and use a light orange and bright yellow spray ink tone and ink the background in those colors.
3. Take a leftover piece/random piece of paper that goes with the color sheme and apply black ink thru the “Some Birds” stencil here and there. Then use various sized circle punches and punch circles (with the bird images on them).
4. Take a piece of old book paper and the ARTplorations “Hearts all Over” stencil. Apply red waterproof ink onto the paper thru the stencil.
5. Wrip the edge of the paper and adhere the piece onto the left side of the misted card. Next assembly the punched circles onto the ATC. Glue down and cut residue/overlapping parts away with scirssors.
6. Attach a light blue mini clothespin on top of the card. That makes it easier to pull the card out of the pocket. Apply white texture spray onto the ATC surface and let air dry.
7. Stamp sentiments from the STAMPlorations “Trendy Birds 2” clear stamp set with black ink onto old book paper. The one with the “you can fly” text will be adhered onto the pocket and the “spread your wings” sentiment goes to the ATC.
8. Outline the stamped sentiments with black paint pen.
9. Finally, outline the black birds on the pocket with a white paint pen to create more contrast.
Here is also a start-to-finish video about the creating process:
I hope you get inspired to get your product out and play!!! Have fun!