Hi there everyone, it´s my turn to share another Mixed Media Tutorial over at STAMPlorations blog today. I´ve again prepared another altered cardboard house for today´s post. Here is what the finished project looks like:
Like on my last months post, I altered this tiny house with stencils, adding texture, depth and layers using two different ones. For today´s post, I thought I´d tape a process video for you to watch – hope you like it!! So happy to see my tiny cardboard house collection growing !!
Here are the steps:
1) Apply a layer of gesso onto the cardboard base, let dry properly.
2) Take the „Lupinus“ stencil and apply Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel thru the stencil on all four sides and the roof. Leave open, untreated areas on all sides of the house. Let dry.
3) Paint the house with acrylic paint/chalkboard paint in „Tan“ tone. Let dry.
4) Rub flower/plant themed black rub-ons onto each side of the house and to the roof areas using an ice-cream stick or a rub-on tool.
5) Mix some Mirrorball glitter with the Glass Bead Glitter Gel together. Apply with a palette knife onto the house walls and the roof areas using the „Barley“ stencil. Let dry properly.
6) Add black ink droplets on all stenciled areas. Let dry.
7) Decorate with DIY paperclay and resin flowers and pink misted velvet ribbon.
8) Rub sentiment rub-ons onto white cardstock, mist the cardstock with light green spray ink and fussy cut into banners. Adhere with craft glue onto the roof next to the flowers.
I hope you have enjoyed this month´s tutorial idea and get inspired to play with your stencils and paints. While you are at it, do submit your projects to our mixed media challenge!!
I´m leaving you today with a reminder to remember to take advantage of my personal discount code. Feel free to add „STAMPGIRLSANNA“ upon checkout to receive 20% off your order!! It´s valid for regular and sale items :).
See you next month with another mixed media project again,