Hello there! While I was preparing my trip to Creativeworld in Frankfurt, this blog post went up over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. It´s all about squares! I just love to use basic die cut forms, as they can be used in so many various ways.
Here is what I created using the Stitched Square die set:
1. Cut two strips of White Soft Finish Cardstock in appr. 8.5 x 2.75″ inch size. Run through a die cutting machine, three times each piece. Save the leftover strips for another project, as they look a little like photo negative strips and will be a fun starting point for another project!
2. Spray green, red and orange spray ink onto the die cut pieces. Let dry.
3. Add strips of Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto 3 die cut pieces. Then apply Silk Microfine Glitter – Fire Opal onto the adhesive areas and polish with your fingertip to bring out the sparkle.
4. Choose three photos and cut them into the same size as the inked square pieces. To make sure the photos stay put while cutting, adhere them onto the plattform with masking or washi tape (low-tack tape that will not damage the photos).
5. Use the “The Best Things in Life” stamp to stamp the quote onto three of the squares as shown in the photo above. Ink ONLY the part of the saying that is needed for that particular square. Clean the stamp thoroughly and dry it well before inking and stamping the next part. Repeat for the third square.
6. Run a piece of green cardstock thru a die cutting machine using the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die for cutting.
7. Next use turquoise cardstock and one of the Bunch of Flowers 4 dies to cut some flowers. Use 3 full flowers and one half flower.
8. Adhere the 6 misted die cut rectangles and the three photos in rows onto an A4 sized piece of white cardstock. Adhere. Next adhere the flowers and pieces of the Fitted Frames images next to the glittered and stamped areas. Add black ink splatters for additional decoration. Then adhere the center pieces of the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles dies underneath the last squares on the left and the right side of the layout.
9. Die cut another piece of Soft Finish Cardstock using the Alphabet 2 – Lower Case die. Remember to add Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto the cardstock before cutting. Save the leftover piece for later for another project.
10. Outline the piece of white white cardstock with a black pen for more contrast.
11. Ink the lower case alphas with black ink and adhere the title of the layout between the die cut images.
12. Add white texture spray droplets here and there for additional detail.
This is how the finished layout looks like. I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy step-by-step tutorial and will get inspired to scrap your own layout this way! For more inspirational projects, please see the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1075 Alphabet 2 Lower Case
1030 Bunch of Flowers 4
1118 Stitched Squares
1063 Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles
RS009 The Best Things in Life stamp
Fire Opal – Silk Microfine Glitter
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Soft Finish Cardstock
Spray inks (Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands)
Texture spray (Imagine Crafts)
Black Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands)
Black pen (Micron, Sakura)
Big Shot die cutting machine (Sizzix)
Black stamp ink (Hero Arts)