Hello everyone, it´s my turn today to share a little mixed media tutorial with you. I decided to create a set of two tags using toned modeling paste with stencils. Here is how my finished tags look like:
And this is how I created the tags:
1. Take a white tag and place it into a misting box and using yellow spray ink add a layer of yellow mist. Let air dry or use a heat tool to dry the surface.
2. Mix modeling paste and magenta and tangerine acrylic paint with a palette knife together.
3. Place the „Ethnic Organic Two“ stencil on top of the tag and start applying the toned paste thru the stencil onto the tag. Start with orange and continue with the pink tone.
4. Carefully lift the stencil from the tag and take a second white tag and place the wet paint surfaced tag onto the tag, roll over the stencil with a brayer and remove the stencil. While the tag is drying, rinse the stencil with water.
5. Next add a layer of yellow spray ink onto the second tag and let dry.
6. Take the „Buttercups & Butterflies“ clear stamp set and two sheets of patterned paper (I chose matching colors).
7. Stamp with black ink flowers from the stamp set onto the paper and fussy cut the pieces.
8. Add a golden doilie onto each tag, cut off the residue. Adhere the flowers overlappingly with a paper glue.
9. Stamp suitable sentiments on old book paper with black ink and fussy cut those. Glue on place and outline with a black pen.
10. Embellish with half pearls, glitter glue and liquid pearls and paper flowers. Add ribbons in matching colors.
I hope you get inspired to play with your stencils and stamps and create a fun project or two!!
OH, and don´t forget, when using the code: STAMPGIRLSANNA you will get 20% off your order at the store as long as I am a design team member for STAMPlorations. This code is valid for multiple orders (both regular and sales prizes!!) but cannot be combined with any other discounts. Have fun shopping 😉 !!!!