Hi there! I had a great time playing with the May kit and here are two art journal pages I made (warning!! long and photo heavy post coming up :)…):
btw. these are my first „simply stencils“ May projects, but I have a feeling there will be some more to come :)…
Here are a few details on how I created these two pages. Lets start with the upper one first:
I first covered the paper with white gesso, let it dry and then went on by applying the Fresco Finish translucent paint onto the page (Beach Hut & Pumpkin soup from the kit – more colours on the store). After the paint was dry I sprayed some „New Sprout“ spray ink here and there.
I then applied some black artist oil pastel color onto the mask that comes with the kit and placed the mask over the page. Next I just used my finger for rubbing all the color from the mask onto the page.
After that I used some Dina Wakley mixed media stamps with blue Staz-on ink (April kit) and Hero Arts shadow dye ink (cup o´ joe) for stamping random images onto the background.
I then took a piece of vellum book paper that was in the kit and dabbed some fluid chalk ink over it. I just love the soft look these inks create on the vellum. Then I let the ink dry properly.
After the paper was dry I stamped a few stamp images with blue Staz-on ink onto the vellum paper. The stamp is by Dina Wakley (from the Scribbly Birds set).
Here are some step-by-step photos of the second page:
I again used the Fesco paints and a green oil pastel pen for the background.
Next I used the pastel peach chalk ink for creating flower patterns.
Then I mixed some molding paste with the blue Fesco paint to create a light blue paste and applied it over the stencil using a palette knife.
Then I went and outlined the flowers with a black Copic brush pen.
After that I took a dry embossing folder and placed a piece of vellum paper over it and then scratched some green oil pastel colour onto the paper. This way you can „copy“ the pattern onto the paper. I remember using this technique with coins and a pencil when I was small :). I then used this piece for creating a typewrite sheet for my page. As you will see on the main photo, I later changed the colour to yellow, as I didn´t quite like the green rose pattern.
Here are some close-up photos of the second page. As you can see I´ve also added some oil pastels over the flowers to create more depth and separated the two background colours from each other by creating a doodled leaf pattern.
Have fun with your kit!