Hello everyone and welcome to my first The Wild Hare Kits September Petite Kit project share! This month I received a Petite Kit from The Wild Hare Kits to design with and it had 2 sheets of Pink Fresh Studio´s „Just A Little Lovely“ collection papers in it and I just ADORE them – especially the B-Sides!!! <3
I started September off by creating a layout based on this months sketch. Have you played with the Wild Hare Kits monthly sketches yet? I find them very inspiring and always have a great time playing with them!
Here are the steps I did to create the layout:
- Take pink, green and blue spray inks and mix them with a little bit of water to create a lighter tone and a more liquid watercolour look. Now grab a paint brush and apply the deluted ink onto the page copying the watercolour look of the paper, but only apply the paint onto the areas according the September sketch.
- After the first layer is dry, apply some ink droplets randomly onto the background for additional detail. Use the same colours.
- Next place a stencil – I used my Carta Bella Garden Geometric Stencil which came with the kit for this purpose – onto the Just A Little Lovely paper on top of the previously painted area and apply Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse with a palette knife onto the background for interest and texture. Let dry properly before moving to the next step.
- Now take the Sparkle City Speech Bubble paper and fussy cut the speech pubble with scissors. Arrange onto the page, but don´t adhere it on place yet.
- Next take the Shimelle Sparkle City sticker sheet and add the green toned border sticker (cut in smaller pieces) next to the speech pubble paper and underneath it, so that is shows only partially.
- Keep adding more decorational elements from the Sparkle City collection papers and sticker sheet until you are happy with the result. Then arrange the photos in place and adhere everything on their places. Add additional decoration using sentiment and/or word stamps next to the photos.
- Finish the page off by outlining it with a black pen, then attach the glitter alphas on place to build a layout title.
- You can also add journaling, but I chose not to, as I find that the title tells it all.
I´ve again recorded a video for you to watch. I hope it inspires you and gives you a better idea on each an every step!
Also, we always love to see you take your twist on our monthly sketch!! So if you do, be sure to tag the Wild Hare Kits on social media and/or use #thewildharekits, so we can come and leave some love!! We´d love to see what you make!
Happy scrapping and see you again on the 22nd with another TWHK project share!!!