Hi there, today it is my turn over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog again and I´d like to share a clean and simple styled card with you. I was recently organizing my Elizabeth Craft Designs die cut dies and while doing it, had a card idea that I immediately needed to try.
- Adhere a Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of white cardstock. Cut two paperstrips in the width to fit the cloud die cut dies from the Rainbow Sky die cut set onto it.
- Cut 13 pieces of clouds, using both cloud die cut sizes.
- Take a antistatic working surface (for example a coffee filter), place a jar of Warm Diamon Silk Microfine Glitter over the working surface, remove the protective sheet of the adhesive and start dibbing the clouds into the glitter. Polish the glitter with your finger and repeat until you have treated all 13 pieces the same way.
- Take a light blue alcohol marker and a blending pen. Draw a thin line with the light blue marker around the edges of the clouds. Using the blender pen, work your way from the edges towards the center of the card and blend the light blue color towards the center. Make sure you treat the whole cloud area with the blending pen to get an even result. Take a card base (10,5cm x 13,7cm) and a piece of white cardstock in the same size.
- Assembly the clouds onto the white cardstock and when you like the lineup, adhere them onto their places, except for the ones in the center of the card. Put those aside and adhere them after die cutting, use 3D foam tape to make the last cloud stand out from the rest of them.
- Place a Dotted Scallop Rectangles die cut die (the second largest in the set) onto the cloud paper and roll through a die cutting machine.
- Carefully remove the die cut rectangle piece from the die cutting machine – since the clouds are a bit sticky still, you will need to be careful to keep the paper from tearing.
- Apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive strips from a roll onto the back of this die cut piece and adhere the background onto the card base.
- Add a preferred sentiment – I chose to use a hand written sentiment in black and some tiny alpha stickers – and embellish with half pearls in matching color.
I hope you get inspired to try this idea out. I really enjoyed creating this glittery cloud background! Imagine how many beautiful backgrounds you could create this way just by changing the die cut die to match the occasion.
Tiny alpha stickers
Alcohol marker – aqua
Alcohol blending pen