Hello everyone, it´s my turn again today with an art journal spread created using several STAMPlorations stencils. Someone recently broke into our home which was a very unpleasant experience. I have been going thru various emotions since then and creating this art journal spread helped me to deal with those feelings. Here is what I created:
And this is how I created the spread:
1. I first applied yellow and light orange tones with a foam brush onto the journal sheets very randomly.
2. Next I added pink, magenta and orange acrylic paint tones thru various ARTplorations stencil over the first paint layer. After every layer I let the paint dry properly before moving over to the next one.
3. Next I took heavy body acrylic paint and applied that with a palette knife thru the stencils onto the page.
4. Finally I used a foam stamp with acrylic paint and stamped green leaf patterns onto the surface.
5. After that I added random black stamp images here and there for interest.
6. Then I drew the letters onto the background and started to paint the background around them blue. That makes the letters/the word stand out from the background.
7. When the background was dry, I outlined the letters with a white pen and punched circles from a leftover misted paper piece.
8. I adhered the punched half circles on the top and bottom of the pages for additional fun detail and dabbed some white acrylic paint thru a raindrop stencil here and there. Finally I added alpha stickers to build a full sentiment and added a date. I always add a date to an art journal sheet, as my pages always have something to do with my current feelings. It´s in a way something like an art diary for me.
I also recorded a start-to-finish video about my creating process for better insight. Hope you enjoy it!