Hello there everyone, it´s my turn to share another tutorial over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time I again created a scrapbook layout and a set of cards. For this month´s tutorial I´ve also recorded a start-to-finish video for you to watch. But first, let me show you the layout.
Valentine´s Day being just around the corner, I wanted to create something love theme related, so I made a scrapbook page about my younger son and a set of love themed clean and simple cards with the new dies. Here is what I created:
Create this layout with following steps:
1) First take a patterned paper from the Fly & Scrap paper collection by Moda Scrap and a sheet of watercolor paper and white Soft Finish Cardstock.
2) Cut several Moda Scrap Leafy Branch die cut dies and cut the branches from the Soft Finish Cardstock with your die cutting machine. Also die cut a few heart forms with the new Buttons die cut die.
3) Take spray inks in purple and blue tones – try to get similar colors to match the patterned paper tones – and spray the die cut branches with the spray inks on a kraft sheet.
4) Now take a watercolor paper and a water mist bottle. There is plenty of residue spray ink on the kraft sheet from misting the branches. Apply some water mist onto the residue spray ink areas on your kraft sheet and then press the watercolor paper onto the wet ink areas to pick up the color with the paper. Dry the layer with a heat tool, then repeat the procedure until you are happy with the result.
5) Now cut the DIY watercolor paper and the Moda Scrap patterned paper in a manner that they together build a full 12×12 inch page. Adhere together.
6) Add ink splatters onto the DIY watercolor paper piece with the same spray inks you used to mist the die cut branches with. This is to mimic the ink splatters on the patterned paper. That way they will better match together.
7) Now start building your page together by adhering the die cut branches on top of the patterned paper feathers pattern and also some towards the DIY watercolor paper strip. Then add the photos in place and decorate the page with a sentiment and some sticker words.
8) Finally embellish with eyelets, liquid pearls and wood veneer hearts. In the end add a stamped sentiment with the Love Sentiments clear stamp set and black stamp ink.
Since there is plenty of DIY watercolor paper left over from the layout process, use those pieces for a set of cards.
Here is how to make the cards:
1) Take the Heart Cutouts die cut die and cut a heart from the DIY watercolor paper first.
2) Next take a residue piece of the Moda Scrap patterned paper and die cut two heart cutout pieces with it from that paper.
3) Take a spray ink and a water tank brush and color all the little hearts with dark purple spray ink. Leave to dry.
4) Adhere the full watercolor paper heart onto a white card base and embellish with the small colored heart pieces. Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments stamp set. Decorate with liquid pearls and a black pen.
5) For the last card, use the cutout heart die cut piece and a big piece of the DIY watercolor paper to adhere the heart onto. Fill all the open areas of the cutout heart piece with the purple colored small heart pieces. Adhere on place and decorate with liquid pearls.
6) Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments set and outline with a black pen.
I´ve again recorded a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea of each and every step of the creating process. Hope you enjoy watching the video and get inspired to create some purple toned projects for Valentine´s Day. Have fun and see you in March again,