Hello there, lovelies!!! This month I was not able to finish my card for the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog´s May challenge in time – SORRY for that! BUT there is a reason for that.. I have recently gone thru quite a big life change and I am struggling with time management. I have been chasing my tail the past weeks and this time I just did not make it in time. However, the good thing is that we share more inspiration during the month, so I can today share the May MMCC challenge with you!!
This is again a fun one! You need to use WINGS and foil on your card. By the way, while creating, make sure you join in with a CARD as this is a card challenge :-). I am sure we will again get lots and lots of submissions to such a fun theme!! Cannot wait to see what you create!!
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by May 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights on May 31.
ANNNNDDD…. the MMCC blog is soon celebrating it´s first birthday and there is a
DESIGN TEAM CALL open on this occation!! Here are the details:
- create one mixed media card a month based on a theme (reminder cards are optional)
- comment on your assigned entries
- pick your favorite and vote on the winner
I first cut the background paper into right size, then added some pva glue here and there, let it dry and then applied some gold foil over the glued areas. I LOVE this effect and it is sooo easy to do. When that was done, I went and added some pink, purple and black misting here and there. Next I took a piece of paper towel (a leftover from a misting project), wripped a suitable sized piece and glued it onto the background. Next I fussy cut a flowery patterned paper piece and inked it a little bit. That was then glued down over the paper towel piece.
Then I just went and added some fussy cut leaves (I used the same paper as on the background) and applied glitter glue on them for additonal detail. The dragonfly is a chipboard image from Wycinanka and consists of two pieces. I inked one piece with pink and the other with dark brown ink an glued them together. Then I applied some glitter glue on top. There is also a little butterfly flying around the card – also fussy cut from the patterned paper piece. And on top of it all a few paper flowers :).
I´ve by the way used a Polish Kit Project kit for this card – all the pieces, except for the spray inks and the foil come from that kit.
Now it is your turn – hope you have fun with this challenge!!
See you at MMCC,