Hello everyone, it´s that time of the month again: time to share my Elizabeth Craft Designs guest team member project with you! This time I´ve created a set of clean and simple Valentine´s Day cards with just a few products!
For this card I also recorded a start-to-finish video. I thought it would give you a better idea on how to work with the Clear Double Sided Adhesive and the Silk Microfine Glitter. See the video for all the steps on how to create this card. Hope you like it!
For my second card I used the same Fitted Hearts die set, but this time I took some of the Elizabeth Craft Designs washi tape and adhered that on a piece of white paper. After covering the paper with the washi, I ran two different sizes of hearts thru my die cutting machine and die cut the „washi paper“.
Then I just arranged the hearts onto a card base and adhered them on place. For finishing touches I added a stamped and heat embossed sentiment on a dark blue paper and fussy cut it into a banner form. A very simple and easy to do card was done in no time! If you have been looking for a nice way to use some washi, this card idea might be something for you.
I hope I could inspire you with my CAS cards today!! See you again next month with another Elizabeth Craft Designs product project here on my blog. Have a great day! xxx, Sanna
Hello lovelies and happy Friday & happy Valentine´s Day!!! Sending my love to all my friends and loved ones around the world!!! MWAH!! Since I cannot send a card to each and every one of you, I am sharing one here on my blog for all of you to see!
This one is a a clean and simple style card. I ´ve used ModaScrap paper on the background. Then added a die cut and inked heart with leftover negative heart pieces around the bigger heart piece.
Finally, I added stamping with black stamp ink and drew a faux stitching around the edges of the paper with a pink marker. That´s it! Really easy!
Hello lovelies and happy Wednesday! Today I´d like to share a fast, easy and simple Valentine´s Day card with you, created with the Wild Hare Kits January kit. I am still waiting for my February kit to arrive as I am writing this…
I am wondering what the Austrian post office does with the parcel, since it has been stuck in Vienna from 27th of January – 10 days already! Oh well, but now to more fun things. Here is my card:
I´ve just used a white card base for this one, then added a Heidi Swapp Honey & Spice collection paper as a background and decorated it with the big chipboard sticker from the Dear Lizzy Delightful chipboard sticker sheet.
Some faux stitching around the edges for additional interest and contrast and the card was done. And it´s still flat enough to fit into an envelope!
As I am waiting for the kit to arrive, I am using up my January leftovers. There is still one more layout coming up this week, so make sure to drop by my blog on Friday for that :).
Hello everyone, I´m so thrilled to be able to continue sharing projects as a guest blogger here on Elizabeth Craft Designs blog again this year!!! For today´s post I wanted to create a Valentine´s Day card as sweet as sugar, but one that is still really easy to make. Just in case you want to make a series of them!
Here is how to create the card:
Step 1: Pick several sheet of Soft Finish Cardstock in various pink and light purple tones. I used a dark and light pink one as well as a very light purple/lilac tone. Step 2: Die cut borders from the chosen cardstock colors – one border set per colour – using the Valentine´s Edges die cut set. Step 3: Next adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of white cardstock. Step 4: Die cut the white, adhesive covered piece using the solid heart die of the Heart Cutouts die cut die. Step 5: Next die cut the inner piece of the Heart Cutouts heart from the dark pink Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere these pieces together.
Step 6: Place the heart into a coffee filter and pour Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter over the tiny hearts and brush the residue off with a paint brush. Pour the residue back into the glitter jar and polish the glitter using your finger. Step 7: Take a piece of black cardstock and stamp a Valentine´s sentiment with embossing ink – using the Love Sentiments clear stamp set – and heat emboss using white fine embossing powder. Fussy cut – or use a banner die cut die – into right size. Step 8: Adhere all pieces onto a white cardbase using Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape for the border pieces and the heart and 3D foam for the sentiment. Decorate with Craft Drops (optional).
I´ve also recorded a short process video for you to watch to give you a better idea on each and every step! I hope you enjoy it!
Hello there everyone, it´s my turn to share another tutorial over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time I again created a scrapbook layout and a set of cards. For this month´s tutorial I´ve also recorded a start-to-finish video for you to watch. But first, let me show you the layout.
Valentine´s Day being just around the corner, I wanted to create something love theme related, so I made a scrapbook page about my younger son and a set of love themed clean and simple cards with the new dies. Here is what I created:
Create this layout with following steps:
1) First take a patterned paper from the Fly & Scrap paper collection by Moda Scrap and a sheet of watercolor paper and white Soft Finish Cardstock.
2) Cut several Moda Scrap Leafy Branch die cut dies and cut the branches from the Soft Finish Cardstock with your die cutting machine. Also die cut a few heart forms with the new Buttons die cut die.
3) Take spray inks in purple and blue tones – try to get similar colors to match the patterned paper tones – and spray the die cut branches with the spray inks on a kraft sheet.
4) Now take a watercolor paper and a water mist bottle. There is plenty of residue spray ink on the kraft sheet from misting the branches. Apply some water mist onto the residue spray ink areas on your kraft sheet and then press the watercolor paper onto the wet ink areas to pick up the color with the paper. Dry the layer with a heat tool, then repeat the procedure until you are happy with the result.
5) Now cut the DIY watercolor paper and the Moda Scrap patterned paper in a manner that they together build a full 12×12 inch page. Adhere together.
6) Add ink splatters onto the DIY watercolor paper piece with the same spray inks you used to mist the die cut branches with. This is to mimic the ink splatters on the patterned paper. That way they will better match together.
7) Now start building your page together by adhering the die cut branches on top of the patterned paper feathers pattern and also some towards the DIY watercolor paper strip. Then add the photos in place and decorate the page with a sentiment and some sticker words.
8) Finally embellish with eyelets, liquid pearls and wood veneer hearts. In the end add a stamped sentiment with the Love Sentiments clear stamp set and black stamp ink.
Since there is plenty of DIY watercolor paper left over from the layout process, use those pieces for a set of cards.
Here is how to make the cards:
1) Take the Heart Cutouts die cut die and cut a heart from the DIY watercolor paper first.
2) Next take a residue piece of the Moda Scrap patterned paper and die cut two heart cutout pieces with it from that paper.
3) Take a spray ink and a water tank brush and color all the little hearts with dark purple spray ink. Leave to dry.
4) Adhere the full watercolor paper heart onto a white card base and embellish with the small colored heart pieces. Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments stamp set. Decorate with liquid pearls and a black pen.
5) For the last card, use the cutout heart die cut piece and a big piece of the DIY watercolor paper to adhere the heart onto. Fill all the open areas of the cutout heart piece with the purple colored small heart pieces. Adhere on place and decorate with liquid pearls.
6) Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments set and outline with a black pen.
I´ve again recorded a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea of each and every step of the creating process. Hope you enjoy watching the video and get inspired to create some purple toned projects for Valentine´s Day. Have fun and see you in March again,