Hello there lovelies. So Christmas – and that holiday related paper projects – is somewhat done and dusted for a while again and it is time to start thinking about the next holidays, crafty wise, that is. Thus, how about Valentines? It is actually not that far away anymore, so better get those pinkish papers and heart designs out and start crafting, right? I did :).
And I created these two cards:
Here is what I did:
1. Take the Heart background die cut die and two pieces of colored Soft Finish Cardstock of your choice (I chose to use the thones Misty Mauve and Pink Peach). Cover the cardstock with clear Double Sided Adhesive and place the die cut die over the paper. Run thru your di cutting machine and repeat with the second piece.
2. First remove the loose parts of the hearts from both background pieces and leave them for later. Next adhere the heart background onto a card base. Then adhere the loose heart background pieces onto their places, just always use the „fillings“ from the other card. That way you get a more interesting image. Repeat until all pieces are filled and adhered on their places. I left a few empty and added some glitter glue to those areas for additional interest.
3. Now die cut the word Valentine from the Love Sentiments set out of the same cardstock tones you used for the background or from Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Add glitter to the adhesive piece (I used Pink Peony Silk Microfine Glitter here).
4. Use the Stitched Fishtail Banners to cut ivory cardstock into right size. Adhere the die cut word onto the banners.
5. Finally, decorate the cards with wooden hearts, stickers, glitter, pearls or flowers. Or whatever you feel works the best.
The Die Cut Design Team girls all did their take on this months theme „From The Heart“. Just follow this link to see what they have been upto. There are some amazing creations waiting for you at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. And you can find all these die cut dies over at the „coming soon“ section, if you´d like to take a better look on this LOVEly release!!
Let´s stay creative,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Soft Finish Cardstock – Pink Peach
Soft Fiinish Cardstock – Misty Mauve
Silk Microfine Glitter – Peony Pink
Clear Double Sided Adhesive – Roll
Stitched Fishtail Banners
Wooden and cork hearts
Resin flower brad
Tattered Angels Silk Glimmer Mist