Hello and happy Sunday! Today I am sharing my day 15 take on my personal daily art practice challenge. I make these pages using the Artist Almanc 2022 as my inspiration.
Today´ s page is a bit rub-on crazy, but oh well. I just could not stop :). And I´ ve got some old tissue tape that I´ ve misted with Glimmer Mists in there too. And another Denglisch stamp sentiment, of course. Then some Liquitex Titanium White ink, Dina Wakley Gloss Spray and my stencils (gelli printed) and Tim´ s Distress Paints.
So all kinds of goodness and fun stuff! Today´ s sentiment translated means something like: “Keep your chin up”!
This is all for today. See you again tomorrow!! xxx, Sanna
Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I am again stopping by to share another “junk art” piece. I gathered various bits and bobs from my junk bags together and they resulted in this piece:
It is a random piece of corrugated cardboard that I painted with Distress Paints and some Dina Wakley Gloss Spray first. Then I added some stamping with Klartext (by Dani Peuss) stamps with black ink and then took a glimmer misted jar lid and adhered that onto the piece. the vintage paper dolls are by Tim Holtz and they got little wings from residue paper pieces (old Basic Grey papers). Then some Nuvo Mousse stenciled and Gloss Spray misted paper to the side and a white ribbon piece I painted with Distress paints to go with it.
On top some wripped Prima flower petals and silver star puffy stickers and a stamped sentiment that says: “Fly with me to the moon”. The other word “mondsüchtig” translates to “moonstruck”.
This piece could be hung on a wall on it´ s own or framed in a 3D frame. I really like how it turned out and it is junk art again, which makes me very happy. BUT it didn´ t take me only 5 minutes to make it – it took a tad longer :).
Hello and happy Sunday! Today I´m sharing another The Ugly Art Club 5 min challenge take. This is my DAY 8. For today´s take I didn´t concentrate on junk that much, but instead used leftover gelli print bits. Here is what my take looks like:
I love this type of bold colours. The residue gelli prints work so well with the old book page that got layers of pearlescent watercolour on it. And on top some Posca pen marks, some old book page words and on the left a cluster of a misted feather, a piece of perfume packaging, a misted butterfly and another old book word.
I cannot wait to go and see what other participants have made for today. I love seeing their takes. It is so interesting to see how differently everyone spends their 5 minutes a day! Have you been following the #tuac5minchallenge hashtag? No? Well, it might inspire you 🙂
Hello everyone and happy Friday! Today I´m sharing another The Wild Hare Kits layout with you and this time again with a process video.
For this layout I´ve used the November monthly cut file which is a leaf pattern. I´ve arranged it onto a piece of white cardstock into a wreath form and the cut it with my Silhouette Cameo.
So I used both the positive and the negative pieces of the cut file image and the paper. I left the negative background piece white and added spray ink splatters here and there for interest and the leaves got a spray ink treatment in the same colours. Then I arranged the inked leaves onto the background piece and decorated everything with sequins and 1canoe2 Willow collection die cut shapes.
The paper on the background is by Pink Paislee, form their Again and Again collection (paper No. 6). For finishing touches I´ve added lots of Spiegelmom scraps sequins – the Wild Hare Kit exclusive ones that came with my kit. Also the title is created using the Puffy Alpha Stickers by American Crafts. These alphas also came in my kit.
So the only thing I´ve used outside from my kit were the spray inks and the white cardstock. Everyting else was included in my kit. And this time I´ve recorded a process video for you to watch too. Hope you like it!
I hope you get inspired by this layout idea and scrap a little yourself! If you are interested in trying the Wild Hare Kits, just hop over here and fill your personal style profile. And once you get your kit, do tag us and use #thewildharekits, so we can find you and come and admire your projects!
Hello lovelies, I have a a fun project to share with you today; I´ve created a matching art journal page and a set of artist trading coins. I´ve never done this before and while I was creating the art journal page, I figured I could use the same design to create artist trading coins too. And it was actually lots of fun!!
Here is what I did:
1. I applied the purple and green spray inks onto the background with a paint brush. I applied first just a very light layer of paint, then I went over some areas and applied a more saturated paint area here and there and let those areas air dry. That created the watercolor look onto the page.
2. Next I wripped some tissue paper and adhered it onto the page with Mod Podge. I then treated the tissue paper areas again with the spray ink tones to give them the same color as on the background.
3. After that I took some Architextures rub-ons and applied them onto the dry page (you need to wait until the page is totally dry to add the rub-ons!).
4. Next I took some stamps out (by Rubber Dance) and stamped random images here and there with black stamp ink.
5. After that I took the Leaves 2 stencil and some Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse and applied the mousse thru the stencil onto the background to create some texture.
6. For finishing touches I fussy cut some Architextures rub-on packaging (they have great sentiments printed on their packaging!!) sentiments and adhered them and some glass beads with Tonic Studios Craft Glue onto the page. It is a really good quality glue as it also adhered the glass beads really well in place! For my artist trading coins I did the exact same steps, but started off with a piece of thick white cardstock which I die cut with the Tonic Studios circle dies. I really, really like the color combination here!!! It brings up all the spring feelz :).
A personal note/update: I am sad to say that my design team & brandwagon/social media team member gig with Canvas Corp Brands ended very suddenly last week as the company was sold and the new owner has decided not to continue with the design team functions. So it´s a sudden and sad goodbye. It has been a great four (4!!!) years with Christine (previous owner) and the CCB team and I have really enjoyed my time and working with and for Canvas Corp Brands. I´ve had the possibility to grow and add to my crafty knowledge by not only being part of the design team but also working with in the brandwagon team and managing challenges, blog posts and one of their social media sites! Thank you so much for this amazing time.
I hope to have inspired you with my projects a little today!!!
Wishing you a great, crafty day!!!