Hello everyone, it´s my turn today again to share another card idea with you for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I always keep a box of cards for various occations ready and constantly keep on adding cards to the collection – you never know when you need a handmade card. These cards are an addition to my card box.
And here is how they were made:
Step 1: Take the Adventure Edges and die cut a piece of white cardstock with the cloud edge die. Now you have a DIY stencil ready to be used! Step 2: Place the DIY stencil onto a piece of white cardstock and wipe blue stamp ink onto the background with an ink blending tool along the edge of the cloud pattern. Move a few centimeters down and create a second row of clouds. Repeat throughout the background. Step 3: Die cut gras from green Soft Finish Cardstock with the gras edge die. Adhere on place overlappingly in layers.
Step 4: Take a piece of ModaScrap patterned paper from Fly & Scrap paper pack and die cut balloons from it. Adhere on place. Step 5: Apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto a piece of light blue Soft Finish Cardstock and die cut the balloon strings and bows from it. Adhere on place. Step 6: Stamp a sentiment with Build Your Own Sentiments 1 stamp set stamps and black stamp ink onto white Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut into a banner or use scissors for cutting. Adhere on place and the card is done.
For the option of creating glitter balloon cards, see the end of the start-to-finish video. Also the patterned paper balloon card steps are shown on this video.
I hope I could inspire you to create fun balloon cards and make several variations of them, while you are at it!
Wishing you all a great, crafty day! See you next month again! xxx, Sanna
Hello lovelies and happy Friday & happy Valentine´s Day!!! Sending my love to all my friends and loved ones around the world!!! MWAH!! Since I cannot send a card to each and every one of you, I am sharing one here on my blog for all of you to see!
This one is a a clean and simple style card. I ´ve used ModaScrap paper on the background. Then added a die cut and inked heart with leftover negative heart pieces around the bigger heart piece.
Finally, I added stamping with black stamp ink and drew a faux stitching around the edges of the paper with a pink marker. That´s it! Really easy!
Hello there everyone, it´s my turn to share another tutorial over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. This time I again created a scrapbook layout and a set of cards. For this month´s tutorial I´ve also recorded a start-to-finish video for you to watch. But first, let me show you the layout.
Valentine´s Day being just around the corner, I wanted to create something love theme related, so I made a scrapbook page about my younger son and a set of love themed clean and simple cards with the new dies. Here is what I created:
Create this layout with following steps:
1) First take a patterned paper from the Fly & Scrap paper collection by Moda Scrap and a sheet of watercolor paper and white Soft Finish Cardstock.
2) Cut several Moda Scrap Leafy Branch die cut dies and cut the branches from the Soft Finish Cardstock with your die cutting machine. Also die cut a few heart forms with the new Buttons die cut die.
3) Take spray inks in purple and blue tones – try to get similar colors to match the patterned paper tones – and spray the die cut branches with the spray inks on a kraft sheet.
4) Now take a watercolor paper and a water mist bottle. There is plenty of residue spray ink on the kraft sheet from misting the branches. Apply some water mist onto the residue spray ink areas on your kraft sheet and then press the watercolor paper onto the wet ink areas to pick up the color with the paper. Dry the layer with a heat tool, then repeat the procedure until you are happy with the result.
5) Now cut the DIY watercolor paper and the Moda Scrap patterned paper in a manner that they together build a full 12×12 inch page. Adhere together.
6) Add ink splatters onto the DIY watercolor paper piece with the same spray inks you used to mist the die cut branches with. This is to mimic the ink splatters on the patterned paper. That way they will better match together.
7) Now start building your page together by adhering the die cut branches on top of the patterned paper feathers pattern and also some towards the DIY watercolor paper strip. Then add the photos in place and decorate the page with a sentiment and some sticker words.
8) Finally embellish with eyelets, liquid pearls and wood veneer hearts. In the end add a stamped sentiment with the Love Sentiments clear stamp set and black stamp ink.
Since there is plenty of DIY watercolor paper left over from the layout process, use those pieces for a set of cards.
Here is how to make the cards:
1) Take the Heart Cutouts die cut die and cut a heart from the DIY watercolor paper first.
2) Next take a residue piece of the Moda Scrap patterned paper and die cut two heart cutout pieces with it from that paper.
3) Take a spray ink and a water tank brush and color all the little hearts with dark purple spray ink. Leave to dry.
4) Adhere the full watercolor paper heart onto a white card base and embellish with the small colored heart pieces. Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments stamp set. Decorate with liquid pearls and a black pen.
5) For the last card, use the cutout heart die cut piece and a big piece of the DIY watercolor paper to adhere the heart onto. Fill all the open areas of the cutout heart piece with the purple colored small heart pieces. Adhere on place and decorate with liquid pearls.
6) Add a stamped sentiment from the Love Sentiments set and outline with a black pen.
I´ve again recorded a video for you to watch, to give you a better idea of each and every step of the creating process. Hope you enjoy watching the video and get inspired to create some purple toned projects for Valentine´s Day. Have fun and see you in March again,