Hello there, It´s time for another guest design team post over at the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Have you ever been in a situation, when you need a card on a really short notice for a certain purpose? Or want to make a card for the opposite sex recipient? I thought I´d share a few simple ideas I like to use when such a situation occurs.
I have created three simple card ideas that can be varied in style by changing the papers and colors or even choosing another die cut die. Here is how to create the cards:
Instructions for the first card:
1. Take the ModaScrap Manly Man 6×6 inch sized paper pack and pick two papers of your choice from it.
2. Place on of the papers into your die cutting machine and die cut a border with the Valentines Edges die cut dies as shown in the picture above.
3. Now take a white card base and adhere the second paper of your choice onto the base with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape leaving 1/3 of the card base empty.
4. Next adhere the die cut border overlappingly on top of the first paper, again leaving a strip of white card base to be seen.5. Next take the Sentiments 2 clear stamp set and stamp the sentiment underneath the die cut border with black stamp ink.
6. Finally add some faux stitching and a wood veneer arrow as decoration.
Instructions for the second card:
- Take the ModaScrap Sailor´s Life 6×6 inch paper set and choose two papers out of it.
- Next die cut one big layered star with the Stitched Stars die cut die from the chosen papers by taking every second die for the first chosen paper and every second die cut die size for the second chosen paper. Place on top of the paper as shown in the pictures above. This way you only need to die cut twice.
3. Then arrange the die cut star pieces onto a white card base as shown in the picture (one pattern repeats itself every second layer).
4. Finally add some faux stitching around the edges with a black pen, add a stamped sentiment with the Just Because clear stamp set and black ink and finish off with a rhinestone in the middle of the smallest star piece.
Instructions for the third card:
- Take a white card base and adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided adhesive onto it.
- Die cut several leaves with the Garden Notes Ladder Fern die cut dies from the ModaScrap Magic Mountain paper.
- Place the die cut Ladder Fern pieces onto the adhesive, but don´t touch the adhesive with your fingers. Instead use the protection/cover sheet of the adhesive as „adhering aid“. This way no fingerprints are left onto the adhesive.
3. After all leaves are on place, take Go To Green Silk Microfine Glitter and pour it over the adhesive. Wipe residue off with the glitter brush and pour back into the jar.
4. Polish the glitter surface with your finger (moving from bottom upwards). After polishing, take a piece of white Soft Finish Cardstock and stamp a sentiment with black stamp ink onto it. Cut into size and adhere onto the card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
5. Finish the sentiment off by adding some faux stitching around the edges.
By keeping the designs very simple, these cards are super fast to create. Also since the design is clean, they work well as a masculine card too. Depending on the purpose you need to create a card for, simply change the paper designs and/or colors and you can use these basic ideas over and over again.
I hope you enjoyed my this months post! See you again in April with another tutorial!
Have fun creating,