Hello everyone, I am up over at the STAMPlorations blog today with a set of mixed media tags. Every time I create a project, I keep a piece of heavyweight white paper next to me. This piece serves as a residue spray ink/paint/paste surface. I dab, wipe and press all the residue media onto this piece and put it aside, when it is totally covered. Then I take a second one and so on. This way I have a pile of half finished background papers in my stash that I then use for a starting point on future projects. This is how I started with this tag set too.
Here are the steps I did (please also see the video for further details):
1. Take a half finished misted heavyweight background paper piece and cut it into smaller pieces.
2. Take Distress Paints and different brayers and created random patterns onto the misted pieces.
3. Apply some Distress Paint onto the credit card and wipe the paint onto the background pieces. Dry with a heat gun.
4. Fussy cut the papers into tags.
5. Apply yellow, light pink and orange spray ink onto the tag backgrounds. Let dry.
6. Take various ARTplorations stencils and apply blue Distress Ink thru them onto the background.
7. Take a STAMPlorations stencil and stamp the images with black ink onto the tags.
8. Color some of the images with Posca paint pens.
9. Add further details for interest with yellow, black and white texture spray.
10. Apply Liquitex Ink! Iridescent Bronze ink onto the tags for more interest.
11. Add random doodling and writing onto the tags with a black and a white pen.
12. Outline with a black pen.
13. Add ribbon, old book paper pieces and flowers for additional detail and decoration.
and some detail shots:
I hope you enjoy this tag idea and get those stencils and stamps out and play alittle yourself!!! I really enjoy creating these colorful tags!
You might also want to check out the STAMPlorations blog for inspiring tutorials and fun challenges (this will take you there) AND the store for fun product (click here). 🙂
ARTplorations – Droplets Mini
ARTplorations – Some Birds
ARTplorations – Art Splatters
ARTplorations – Bubbles Mini
STAMPlorations – Trendy Birds 2
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Old book paper
Black & White pen
Black stamp ink
Distress Paint – Ranger
Distress Ink – Ranger
Liquitex Ink! – copper
Imagine Crafts – Irresistible Texture Spray