Hello lovelies and happy April!!! It is again time for another brand new mixed media card challenge over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog. This month it´s all about FLOWERS! As an optional element you can use a BASKET!
Here are again the rules, how to play along:
1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by April 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
6. We’ll announce the winner and highlights on April 30.
And this is the card I created:
I have used light pink Distress Stain on the background first. Then placed a Tim Holtz stencil over the surface and wiped some pink Distress Ink thru it onto the background. After the ink was dry I applied some Viva Decor glitter paste here and there over the „rays“ for additonal shine. After that was dry I applied some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist splatters here and there. After that I stamped some flowers onto a piece of white cardstock (w/ Distress Ink) and punched them out. Then clustered them with yarn and some wooden buttons onto the card and added a sentiment. The sentiment is fussy cut – I really like the look it creates.
So now it´s your turn, create a flower card and join this months challenge :)! And for further inspiration make sure you check the beautiful cards my DT colleagues created. And don´t forget, there will be more inspiration coming later this month, so make sure you come back :).