Hello and happy Sunday!!! Today I´m sharing my second project created with the Wild Hare Kits September Petite Kit. This time the layout features the Carta Bella stencil from my kit with some Sparkle City papers and stickers.
For this layout I´ve used a piece of 8×11 inch white cardstock as my starting point and then combined Shimelle´s Sparkle City paper and stickers with the Carta Bella Garden Geometric Stencil.
This layout I about my dad, who I lost way too early. I really like this photo of him so very much, because now I know from whom my boys inherited the „funny face in photos“-personality :-). So no wonder I cannot get a decent photo of my boys…ever! Always pulling faces, the two. I´d love to see my dad to see how similar my boys are to him…
And now to the steps – here is what I did:
- Take the Garden Geometric Stencil by Carta Bella and place it on a white piece of cardstock in the size of 8×11 inches. Take a blending brush and apply Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink thru the stencil onto the white cardstock. Repeat throughout the whole paper.
- Next take the Sparkle City „office paper with rays“ by Shimelle and cut the rays apart with scissors. Now arrange them onto the stenciled background paper leaving a little open space between each „ray“. Adhere on place. Now arrange the photos onto the page. I used two exact same photos for a repeated look, which creates more interest to the page in my opinion.
- Now take a black pen and add faux stitching to the blue toned paper „rays“.
- Adhere the photos on place and attach stickers and a fussy cut tag next to the photos into a cluster.
- Stamp small sentiments with black ink onto the rays for a fun detail and add a few black ink splatters here and there for additional interest.
- Outline the layout using a black marker and add the journaling.
I´ve again recorded a start-to-finish video for you to watch! I hope you like it and get inspired by it. By the way, we (as in the design team girls) would love to see your The Wild Hare Kit creations, so be sure to tag us on social media and use #thewildharekits, so we can find your lovely work and come and leave some love!!
Happy scrapping and see you again on the 25th over at the Wild Hare Kits blog! We´ll be sharing our monthly team member scraplift projects on that day! I cannot wait to see what everyone has created!!! This month we are scraplifting the lovely Laura Rahel Crosby !!