Hello everyone, it´s my turn again to share yet another Mixed Media tutorial with you over at the STAMPlorations blog today. Quite a while back I shared a clothes tag tutorial with you and today I´d like to share a second one. I always keep nice clothes when I spot them while shopping clothes for me and my boys and later incorporate those in various projects. They are great to alter and work perfect as as starting point for a mixed media project. Here is what I created this time:
Here is what I did:
1. The tag has a logo on it, so I first applied a thin layer of white gesso on top of that area.
2. After that I took old music note sheets and adhered small strips onto the gessoed area.
3. Next I took the Doily Squares stencil and placed it onto the tag. I applied a relatively thick layer of modeling paste with a palette knife thru the stencil onto the tag background and let that dry.
4. After the paste was dry I sprayed two tones of spray ink onto the surface and dried them with a heat gun. Next I added some white and red ink splatters for additional interest.
5. I then placed the butterflies into a misting box (cardboard box) and sprayed a light yellow spray ink layer onto them first.
6. After the first layer was dry, I placed the Super Bubbles stencil on top of the butterflies and sprayed a layer of apricot spray ink thru the stencil onto the butterflies. I carefully removed the wet, misted stencil and randomly pressed the residue ink onto a strip of white paper. That will work as a great starting point for another mixed media project. This way no ink goes to waste.
7. I then outlined the butterflies with a black pen to add more contrast and adhere them overlappingly onto the tag and added half pearls for detail. Finally I adhered a wood veneer piece and a ribbon for detail. This altered clothes tag will make a great present tag for a future present.
There is also a start-to-finish video I prepared for you to give you a better idea of the altering process. Hope you like it!!
I hope you get inspired to play with stencils and alter/recycle a clothes tag or two!! Have fun!!!
Don´t forget that there is a gift card code for you that will give you 20% off your order. Just add “STAMPGIRLSANNA” upon checkout at the STAMPlorations store. It´s good for both reduced value product as well as regular prized ones. Here are some of the cool new products available. Happy shopping :).